Monday, September 1, 2008

Breaking Through chapters 1-6

While reading chapters 1 through 6, what struck me the most was how Francisco would come home from school and start working in the fields and still was an amazing student. Also, Francisco was very happy when he was able to help his brother with his janitorial job. Moreover, this struck me because I come home from school and struggle with my homework and other then my homework all I do is play games.

Also, another thing that astonished me was how much harder he would work just to get by in the United States. And after all the hard work you do you could just have it taken away like how Francisco's dad worked hard for 10 years then got deported, and when he got back continued to work hard in the strawberry fields then his fields got over fumigated and all his hard work was for nothing

No comments: