Sunday, October 26, 2008

New Book, 1984 By George Orwell

Well, the book starts out interesting right from the first sentence which says, the clocks were striking thirteen.I think he was going by military time. I wonder if it is just him that goes by military time or everybody if started to. I just thought that was interesting.

In this part of the book it says that London had a war and all the streets and houses were messed up. Well it does not say that specifically but it was talking about the streets being messed up by bombs and some of the windows of houses patched up with cardboard. Winston (The only character in the book so far.) was trying to think of memories of when he was a kid hoping that there would be some of London not being so bad.

So in the book so far Winston is really struggling with lack of food and bad London also with the government watching everybody. I will get more into it later but this is the end of my post.

No comments: